– The Competition is the 2022 Mark Gunter Photographer of the Year Awards (“Mark Gunter Photo Awards”).
– The Competition Owner and Organiser is Mark Gunter Photography, and the Promoter is Rouleur (Gruppo Media Limited), referred to as Rouleur hereinafter.
– Information about the Competition can be found at markgunter.com.au and rouleur.cc/photoawards
– The 2022 Competition begins on 16th December 2022 at 10am AEDT and ends on 8th January 2023 at 7pm AEDT.
– Late entries can be accepted at the Organiser’s discretion.
– All dollar amounts hereafter is in AUD currency.
– You can contact us at email@example.com at any time.
WHO MAY ENTER
– Entry is open to any person, from any country.
– Entry is not open to directors and direct employees of Mark Gunter Photography and Rouleur. Photographers who have contributed to Rouleur are allowed to enter provided they meet all other requirements.
– Entry into the Professional Cycling Photographer category is permitted to considers themselves Professional, and/or anyone who earns income from his or her cycling photography.
– Entry into the Amateur category is open to anyone who earns less than AUD$25,000 per year from their photography relating to cycling (ie photographers who earn more than AUD$25,000 in other specialties are allowed to enter the Amateur category).
HOW TO ENTER
– Entries can be submitted online via the entry link
– Each photo must have been taken between 1st January 2022 and 8th January 2023.
– There are two categories to enter photos into: 1) Professional Cycling Photographer and 2) Amateur.
– All photos entered via the entry form will be judged for the Mark Gunter Photographer of the Year Awards.
– The entry fee is AUD$25 for up to 3 photos.
– All 3 photos must be entered into either; the Professional category or the Amateur category; they cannot be a combination of categories.
– Entrants can enter multiple times at a cost of AUD$25 per entry.
PHOTO SUBMISSION RULES
– The competition is skills based, and chance does not play a part in determining the winners.
– Each photo must relate to the cycling disciplines that Rouleur covers, including but not limited to, cycling lifestyle, commuter cycling, cyclocross, track, gravel riding, road racing, a community ride, pave, café culture, road art, cycling landscape scenery.
– By submitting each photo, the entrant affirms that the photo is of original material taken by the entrant, the entrant is the owner of the copyright, and that the photo does not infringe any third party rights.
– By submitting at least one photo, the entrant accepts the Rules and confirms that their entry complies with the Rules.
– The Judges or Competition Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who is suspected of not adhering to the Rules.
– Only photographs will be accepted. Video or video screenshots will not be accepted.
– A caption must be included with each photo submitted (500 characters maximum).
– No watermarks permitted.
– HDR and stitched panoramas are acceptable.
– All digital files must not exceed 5MB.
– For Professional category entries, all metadata (EXIF data) must be provided if requested.
– The Amateur category includes;
– All photos entered by a non Professional photographer (see ‘Who May Enter’)
– Photos can be taken from any high end camera including; DSLR, mirrorless, film, Interchangeable Lens Cameras (ILC), compact, and other similar types of cameras or on devices such as iPhones, Android, Windows Mobile, etc, as well as still photos from devices such as GoPro, Shimano Sports Cam, Garmin VIRB, etc.
– 360 camera stills are accepted if the camera device meets the above criteria, however, 360 degree web functionality will not be accessible for judging.
– Drone photo stills are accepted if the camera device meets the above criteria.
– Competition organisers have the right to accept or reject entries from devices outside of these specific devices.
– Only compliant entries will be eligible for judging.
– Each category will be judged by no fewer than two judges, which will be selected by Mark Gunter Photography and Rouleur.
– The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
– Winners will be announced on 20th January 2023.
– Judging consists of two rounds of evaluation. In round one, the Judges will each select up to ten photos per category, from all eligible photos.
– The Judges will consider the following criteria: capturing the emotion of the image, drawing in the viewer’s attention, creativity, quality, composition, and even sometimes breaking the rules of photography when the story behind the image is particularly powerful.
– The photos selected in round one will proceed to round two, whereby the Judges will collectively select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places for each category.
– In 2022, we are hoping to award prizes for the Amateur category. For the Professional category, the perpetual trophy and medallions will be awarded.
– Prize winners are not responsible for any duties or shipping of prizes.
– Prize winners are responsible for any personal taxes, and unanticipated costs incurred.
– If the rules of the competition are broken or suspected of being broken, or if the spirit of the competition has been violated, Mark Gunter Photography and Rouleur have the right to refuse the prize being awarded. If this occurs, the next winner in line will move up one place.
– Any additional prizes offered during the competition will be clearly described by the Owner and the Promoter.
– The donation recipients and amounts will be announced on www.markgunter.com.au by 31st March 2023.
– The donations awarded are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
– The donation recipients may change from year to year.
– In 2022, the proceeds from the entry fees (post expense allocations) will be donated to Tour de Cure Ltd; Riding to Cure Cancer and to Young Cyclists worldwide if the donations permit it. This decision is made by Mark Gunter Photography and Rouleur and is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
– The award distribution allocations are approximate and may change depending on the amount of money raised, and round-up / round-down methodology applied.
– Neither Mark Gunter Photography nor Rouleur, are liable for any taxes (personal, company or otherwise) resulting from donations to registered charities.
– Any costs associated with the competition (merchant fees, GST/VAT, shipping etc), may be funded by the entry fees.
– Some or all of the costs incurred in developing and promoting the competition may be funded by the entry fees.
– Copyright and all other rights remain that of the photographer.
– Entrants consent to Mark Gunter Photography and Rouleur to reproduce, exhibit, publish and communicate their photo(s) for the purpose of marketing and promoting the Competition (including but not limited to, online, social media, print; and without any or additional monetary compensation), in past, present, and future years, unless otherwise agreed upon with the photographer.
– Entrants consent to their entry being published in the Rouleur, Rouleur Italia, and Volata magazines.
– Entrants consent to their entry being exhibited at Rouleur Live 2023.
– By entering, Entrants consent to be contacted by Mark Gunter Photography and Rouleur with competition updates.
– Entrants consent to the previous prize sponsors to publish their photo(s) on their website and social media pages, for any purpose including marketing and promoting the Competition, including in future years.
– Any photograph used by Mark Gunter Photography, Rouleur, or the prize sponsors, where practically possible, shall carry the photographer’s credit line or social media recognition.
– Any other commercial usage will be agreed upon with the photographer prior to use.
– You can contact the 2022 Mark Gunter Photographer of the Year Awards at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.